About the Role:
The General Accountant will be comfortable performing various duties related to all aspects of the accounting cycle, including financial reporting to management and corporate stakeholders. You will also provide oversight on corporate financial compliance, policies and procedures. This role reports directly to the Financial Controller.
What a day looks like in this role:
- Process vendor invoices and tax remittance payments to accounts payable via coding to cost center and GL in the accounting system.
- Process weekly/monthly billing and follow-up on collection, billing exceptions and rejections.
- Prepare bank deposits and record credit card payments
- Preparing journal entries and critical reconciliations are a key component of this role.
- Liaison with department owners and vendors on obtaining supporting invoices, approvals, and resolving financial related inquiries.
- Prepare subledger to GL reconciliation for accounts payable, accrued liabilities, accounts receivable, fixed assets, and various other balance sheet accounts.
- Assist in month-end and year-end Journals, reconciliations, and other tasks within assigned deadlines.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of capital asset records and capital expenditure reporting for Management.
- Provide back-up duties for Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables when required.
- Assist with preparing and supporting year-end audit and any other audit/tax return requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need to Succeed:
- Certificate, Degree or higher, in Finance, Business or Accounting.
- 2 years of AR/AP accounting experience preferred.
- Experience in Navision ERP is an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.), with advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
- Excellent communication skills required (both verbal and written).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
RNS Health Care Services Inc. is an accredited organization of professionals providing concerned, competent and compassionate health care services within our community since 1985. Canadian-owned and operated, offering services such as personal support, homemaking, respite care, palliative care, nursing, foot care and community clinics. Our caregivers care for clients in their homes, hospitals, retirement and nursing home facilities.
RNS Health Care Services Inc. is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. Reasonable accommodations are available, upon request, to candidates participating in the selection process. Should you require accommodation, please ensure to notify us in advance. RNS is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit our website at https://rnshc.com/