About the Role:
The Financial Analyst will report directly to the Financial Controller and will be responsible for assisting with the management of overall financial operations including: analysis, budgeting, forecasting and preparing financial reports. You will aid in directing and managing the company’s accounting functions, establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures, preparing financial statements while reporting to management and corporate stakeholders.
Who are we looking for:
The prefect fit for this role would be someone with a positive attitude, ability to work in a changing and high-volume environment.
A day to day look of the role:
- Responsible for weekly, month-end and year-end activities including bank and general ledger reconciliations, accruals, journal entries preparation, and assisting with payroll and billing as required.
- Assist, guide and support other finance team with recording, reporting and reviewing their work, as required
- Provide subject matter expertise to support finance operational decisions, including accounting entries, process and control improvements and assist with implementation and monitoring.
- Prepare and maintain budgets and forecasts and prepare presentations to executives and board materials.
- Assist with monthly forecasting and analysis process, work with departmental leads to continuously improve departmental forecasts.
- Create and apply reporting templates, financial models and automated processes to meet legal and corporate standards, including presentation materials to the Board and senior executives.
- Have a thorough understanding of internal and external drivers and be able to explain how they are impacting performance and trending
- Develop positive relationships to support the operations team and collaborate with senior executives on initiatives, business proposals, planning & tracking return on investment, and strategic resource allocation, and prioritization.
- Proactively identify issues and incidents, assist with resolution and taking necessary steps to prevent them from reoccurring.
- Respond to requests for information, analysis and reports for auditors, consultant and others to ensure compliance with company, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Complete other tasks as assigned
What you will need to Succeed:
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or Commerce.
- Designation as a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) is an asset.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience as a financial analyst, preferred within a financial environment following Canadian GAAP principles.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint and strong working knowledge of other computer programs and MS Office software (e.g. SQL, Access, Visio).
- Experience in working with ERP systems or resource planning systems, MS dynamics, Navision or Alyacare would be an asset.
- Attention to detail, time management, organizational and analytical skills; ability to coordinate a number complex projects under pressure to meet schedule and deadline commitments.
- Superior interpersonal, oral and written/presentation communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills: ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, including the ability to work independently, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Experience in assessing materiality and exercising sound professional judgement.
- Ability to analyze financial data and develop recommendations based on the data.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain strict confidentiality.
RNS Health Care Services Inc. is an accredited organization of professionals providing concerned, competent and compassionate health care services within our community since 1985. Canadian-owned and operated, offering services such as personal support, homemaking, respite care, palliative care, nursing, foot care and community clinics. Our caregivers care for clients in their homes, hospitals, retirement and nursing home facilities.
RNS Health Care Services Inc. is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. Reasonable accommodations are available, upon request, to candidates participating in the selection process. Should you require accommodation, please ensure to notify us in advance. RNS is an equal opportunity employer. Subject to our duty to accommodate under the Human Rights Code, we require all new employees to provide proof of vaccination against Covid-19 prior to commencing employment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit our website at https://rnshc.com/