Part-time Physiotherapist Assistant (PTA)
We are looking to add a Part-time Physiotherapist Assistant (PTA) to our Rehab team.
The Physiotherapist Assistant will assist the registered physiotherapists and professional staff in designated routine aspects of patient care/treatment and in-services within the client’s homes and retirement facilities.
The successful applicant must be able to work in Keswick/Georgina area, working 2-3 days a week
RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to):
• Administer physical therapy treatments to patients, working under direction of a registered physiotherapist
• Assist clients with practicing activities of daily living as part of a daily routine
• Assist with individual and group client treatment programs
• 1-year (minimum) experience in a clinical or a homecare setting
• Diploma from an accredited community college: Physiotherapy Assistant (PTA) program.
• Demonstrated understanding and practice of rehabilitation principles and techniques
• Available to work a flexible work schedule (days, evenings and weekends as required)
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build collaborative and therapeutic
• Interpersonal relationships are required – as are proven skills in successful teamwork, communication and conflict resolution
• Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups.
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible
• Valid Ontario driver’s license and availability of a motor vehicle are required with Proof of Auto Insurance
RNS Health Care Services Inc. is an accredited organization of professionals providing concerned, competent and compassionate health care services within our community since 1985. Canadian-owned and operated, offering services such as personal support, homemaking, respite care, palliative care, nursing, foot care and community clinics. Our caregivers care for clients in their homes, hospitals, retirement and nursing home facilities.
RNS welcomes and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available, upon request, to candidates participating in the selection process. Should you require accommodation, please ensure to notify us in advance. RNS is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.