Client Services Manager
About the Role:
The Client Services Manager provides leadership, direction, education and supervision of the day-to-day tasks of the Client Services Department. Reporting to the Director, Operations the incumbent is responsible for providing clinical oversight, and is accountable for the delivery of care and service to clients while ensuring compliance with both internal and external standards of practice.
Who are we looking for:
The prefect fit for this role would be someone with leadership experience within community and facility care, someone that is knowledgeable and can serve as a clinical resource to clients, employees and community partners, while providing support and encouragement to the team.
A day-to-day look at the role:
- Contributes to the development of the organization’s strategic plan
- Contributes and participates in the company’s accreditation process and is responsible for ensuring compliance with accreditation standards
- Manage the Client Services department, including Personal Support, Nursing and Rehabilitation teams
- Manage a team of approximately 12-14 supervisory direct reports, including the Client Care Supervisors, Lead Supervisor, Nursing Supervisor, and Rehabilitation Supervisor/Coordinator(s)
- Oversee the multi-disciplinary Rehabilitation Therapists (independent contractors) and Physiotherapy Assistants
- Coaches, develops and mentors direct reports to drive high employee engagement, development and retention
- Provide clinical and operational guidance to direct reports when needed, to resolve complaints or concerns
- Support the Nursing Supervisor in management of Community Nurses, in conducting and developing nursing orientation sessions and in organizing and supervising flu clinics
- Support the Home Support Supervisors in the management of Community Home Support QRS – Registered as primary SPO sign off to conclude QRS files in the LHIN QRS Reporting System in collaboration with the Workforce Manager
- Completion of ETMS in LHIN reporting system in collaboration with the Workforce Manager
- Ensure the interests, focus and resources of the Client Services departments align with organizational goals and initiatives
- Engage with clients, families and members of the health care team to ensure quality of service and client satisfaction
- Ensures chart audits of Nursing and Rehab files are completed on a quarterly basis and meet the requirements set forth by the Quality Improvement Department
- Work in collaboration with Business Analysists to meet internal and external KPI’s and participate in process improvement Initiatives as applicable
- Consult and participate in Client Care Case Conferences as needed to ensure high quality of care
- Act at and assume responsibilities as the Privacy Officer for Personal Health Information under PHIPPA legislation; maintain compliance with internal and legal requirements related to privacy, release of personal health information and records management
- Facilitate monthly department meetings for Client Services departments
- Assist the Workforce Manager to generate monthly Supervisor On-Call Schedules
- On-call back-up for all Supervisors as well as on-call back-up for all clinical issues after hours as per policy
- Attend stakeholder meetings as required
- Responsible for participating in the development of the recruitment budget for full time and part time permanent hires, terminations and performance management of direct reports and field staff
- Maintain open, effective communication with all department managers
- Oversee clinical aspects of Nursing and Rehabilitation departments, ensuring compliance with all relevant college, industry and best practice requirements
- Sit on the Joint Health and Safety Committee (JHSC) as the certified management representative
- Be available as a clinical resource to all departments on site
- Complete other tasks, assignments and projects as assigned
What you will need to Succeed:
- Completion of Bachelor`s degree in Registered Nursing. Masters of Nursing preferred.
- Registration with CNO in good standing.
- Three (3) years of management experience in community health care is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and experience providing nursing care to medically complex clients.
- Computer knowledge of MS Office, Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to complete appropriate documentation independently and professionally.
- Ability to drive across York Region to attend off site meetings
- Commitment to providing the highest level of customer service and client care with a high level of empathy.
- Business analytic skills with the ability to link information to action and results.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance and communicate changes effectively to key stakeholders while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with a variety of personalities and individuals and act as a key ambassador of business change.
- Able to work and support others within a very change-oriented, quickly evolving organization and manage multiple, complex (and sometimes competing) priorities.
- Ability to influence others and drive high employee engagement. Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong understanding of core Project Management methodology and principles.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Ability to speak a secondary language is considered an asset
- Service requirements include:
- Valid Driver’s License and proof of Auto Insurance
- N95 Mask Fit Test, CPR and First Aid Chest X-ray or Mantoux Test (within the past two (2) years) Vulnerable Sector Police Screening (within the past three (3) years).