Client Services Coordinator - Weekends
Client Services Coordinator will be responsible for scheduling of clients with a focus on building and maintaining positive internal relationships with front line staff and other administrative staff. The Service Coordinator will also manage day to day field operations and ensure quality of service by answering phone calls, conducting intakes after hours and weekend emergency calls, log scheduling issues in Alayacare and client referrals.
Availability: 2pm-9pm Saturdays and Sundays
- Receives referrals from Community Care Access Centre (CCAC), private clients and insurance companies and determines appropriate staff required.
- Communicate with clients directly to determine specific scheduling requirements.
- Confirms service with Client / Family and CCAC within one (1) hour of receipt of the referral or as negotiated with CCAC Case Manager. Receive informal consent and document in Alayacare
- Schedule Nursing / Home Support Staff and with Clients
- Accurately provides client information, and travel directions to assigned Nursing / Home Support staff.
- Ensure scheduling continuity is maintained for each client.
- Resolve day-to-day problems in a timely fashion. Document all unresolved problems for the Nursing Coordinator / Home Support Supervisor.
- Reports client scheduling changes, transfers and respite to appropriate departments / CCAC Nurse Case Manger immediately.
- Ensures safety of clients and staff are maintained at all times.
- Documents all pertinent communication in the “Report Book”.
- Prepares incident reports as required and forwards a copy to the Quality/Risk Manager / Home Support Supervisor for review and action.
- Records all “book offs”, sick time and “no shows” accurately in the appropriate personnel file for review by the appropriate department.
- Files client information and documentation on a daily basis.
- Checks all incoming faxes, initials each document as read / processed and files.
- Performs other duties determined by management.
- Ensures that all doors and windows are properly secured
- Arm the alarm system.
- Strong coordination and scheduling experience
- Previous experience (1-3 years) in a health care environment considered an asset.
- Excellent oral, written, communication skills and computer skills.
- Expertise in customer service is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to organize well and make quick, effective decisions
- Ability to prioritize and oversee a high volume of work in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to cover daytime shifts when daytime Coordinators are on vacation
RNS Health Care Services Inc. is an accredited organization of professionals providing concerned, competent and compassionate health care services within our community since 1985. Canadian-owned and operated, offering services such as personal support, homemaking, respite care, palliative care, nursing, foot care and community clinics. Our caregivers care for clients in their homes, hospitals, retirement and nursing home facilities.
RNS Health Care Services Inc. is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. Please let us know if you require accommodate during the recruitment process.