Occupational Therapist (Part-time/Full-time)
We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven, autonomous OT to join our busy growing Rehab team! You will be responsible to help our clients regain their ability to perform daily living and work activities. Our clients generally have lost these abilities due to mental, physical, development or emotionally disabling conditions. We are looking for assistance in York Region, specifically: Newmarket, Keswick, Bradford, Newmarket and Sutton areas. If you are looking for a rewarding career, look no further!
**This is a part-time/full-time role working 20-40hrs per week**
What you will be do:
• Provide occupational therapy consultation, assessment and planned interventions for clients in the specified regions.
• Document all assessment findings, treatment plans, progress and discharge summaries of interventions as required by the profession, referral source and the agency.
• The successful candidate must be able to make decisions and accept responsibility for all aspects of the occupational therapy patient care
• Provide education to patients, their families, and team members
• Adhere to the code of ethics of the profession, in maintaining standards of practice for the profession as defined by the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
What you will need:
• 2 years’ experience in a clinical or a home care setting
• ADP Authorizer considered an asset
• Primarily Adult Client Base but some Pediatric experience an asset
• Knowledge of community care requirements and resources available.
• Baccalaureate degree in Occupational Therapy from a recognized school.
• Registered member in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build collaborative and therapeutic interpersonal relationships are required – as are proven skills in successful teamwork, communication and conflict resolution
• Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Demonstrated ability to be flexible
• Valid Ontario driver’s license and availability of a motor vehicle are required and Proof of Auto Insurance.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
RNS welcomes and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available, upon request, to candidates participating in the selection process. Should you require accommodation, please ensure to notify us in advance. RNS is an equal opportunity employer and we thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted