Would you like to be a part of something positive and make an impact on your community by helping others? RNS Health Care Services Inc. is committed to being a great place to work where people are inspired to be the best they can be while making a difference, one person at a time. In the role of Human Resource Generalist, you will be a part of an amazing team that provides compassion and high quality health care to enable client’s to live independently.
Providing professional advice and service to management on daily employee relations and performance management issues, you will be required to:
• Provide coaching and counselling with regards to career development and training, disciplinary actions, etc.
• Design and implement employment policies, identifying methods to improve procedures in alignment with operational best practice and legislative requirements
• Evaluate job requirements and expectations, managing performance standards through defined job descriptions
• Analyze staffing logistics and make recommendations with regards to recruitment initiatives
• Manage Return to Work program through early and frequent communication with employees, and discussions surrounding accommodation requests; maintain regular contact with WSIB Case Manager and ensure proper documentation; ensure employee participation of RTW plan and manage ongoing communication with expected duration
• Provide information to employees with regards to concerns including employee safety, welfare, health and wellness, etc.
• Prepare contracts and agreements, termination and severance letters, and provide consultative service to managers
• Manage employee group health benefits, continuing education requirements, workplace morale, etc.
• Maintain confidential employee personnel records and documentation
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline
• 5+ years experience working in human resources
• CHRP designation preferred
• Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable employment standards and regulations; conduct investigations and maintain records
• Proven experience managing WSIB cases and employee return to work programs
• Sound judgement and problem solving abilities
• High level of professionalism and discretion
• Excellent computer skills; familiarity with MS Office suite, HRIS, database and records management
• Strong command of the English language, both in written format and verbally; excellent interpersonal relationship building skills
If you have what it takes to excel at this role, please submit a copy of your resume and salary expectations for consideration.
RNS Health Care Services Inc. is an accredited organization of professionals providing exceptional home and community health care services since 1985. Canadian-owned and operated, we offer services such as personal support, homemaking, respite care, palliative care, nursing, foot care and community clinics. Our caregivers care for clients in their homes, hospitals, retirement and nursing home facilities.
RNS welcomes and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available, upon request, to candidates participating in the selection process. Should you require accommodation, please ensure to notify us in advance. RNS is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time