The Senior Recruiter is responsible for delivering all facets of recruitment success throughout the organization. This will be achieved through the development of recruitment plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruitment ideas. The Senior Recruiter plays a critical role in ensuring we are hiring the best possible talent by developing and executing recruiting plans, networking through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees, coordinating/implementing college recruiting initiatives, administrative duties and recordkeeping. Specifically, recruiters are proactive about business needs, taking business trends into account when seeking out, prescreening, interviewing, and testing applicants to locate qualified employees for job openings.
RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to):
• Completing full cycle recruitment including the development of job postings, resume screening, interviewing, and reference checks for all Health Care Professionals
• Proactively confers with management / coordinators to identify urgent hiring needs, personnel needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications, and skills
• Posting positions, scheduling interviews and administering the candidate assessment process
• Reviewing applications and interviewing applicants to obtain work history, education, training, job skills and salary requirements, and to provide information about the organization and the position
• Hire applicants and authorize paperwork assigning them to positions
• Ensure company staffing needs are filled in a timely manner
• Evaluate recruitment and selection criteria to ensure conformance to professional, statistical, and testing standards, recommending revision as needed
• Recruit applicants for open positions, making public presentations regarding the organization and job opportunities; coordinating staff participation, set up, and work at job fairs
• Advise management on organizing, preparing, and implementing recruiting and retention programs
• Project yearly recruitment expenditures for budgetary consideration and control
• Develop and execute recruiting plans (i.e. campus recruiting initiatives and other new grad engagement opportunities)
• Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees
• Work with hiring managers on recruiting planning meetings
• Encourage employee referrals, communicating its importance and giving incentives to those who produce successful hires
• Create job descriptions
• Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position
• Efficiently and effectively fill open positions
• Conduct regular follow-up with managers / coordinators to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation
• Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need
• Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
• Build networks to find qualified passive candidates.
• Post openings in newspaper advertisements, with professional organizations, and in other position appropriate venues.
• Utilize the Internet for recruitment, post positions to appropriate Internet sources.
• Improve the company website recruiting page to assist in recruiting.
• Research new ways of using the Internet for recruitment.
• Use social and professional networking sites to identify and source candidates.
• Locate and document where to find ideal candidates.
• Aid public relations in establishing a recognizable “employer of choice” reputation for the company, both internally and externally.
• Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads.
• Attend local professional meetings and membership development meetings.
• Maintain regular contact with possible future candidates.
• Manage recruiting events; sourcing relevant job fairs, determining other events that could be hosted or participated in
• Attend recruiting events and/or career fairs for recruiting and company recognition.
• Provide information on company, facilities, job opportunities and realistic job previews to potential applicants as necessary.
• Track, measure and report on campaign results
• Conduct prescreening interviews.
• Schedule and conduct competency based interviews for applicants and referring candidates for additional interviews with others in organization where required by Management.
• Recruiters will offer and subsequently coordinate 2nd Interviews with Managers of programs who demand such.
• Advise managers and employees on staffing policies and procedures.
• Provide selected candidates with conditional offer of employment (verbal and written), confirm employment and schedule orientation.
• Prepare notification to all pertinent parties of each class of hires including, names, phone numbers, language, start date, and other pertinent details within established time frames and as required using the appropriate forms.
• Prepare and compile Administrative documents required before the scheduled orientation, and forward to training.
• Double-check completed documents to ensure all required components are present and that they are complete, then forward completed documentation.
• Coordinate all internal recruitment processes including job posting, transfers or promotion of selected employees ensuring all applicable standards in hiring are met.
• Assist in writing and forwarding rejection letters.
• Perform other special projects as assigned.
• University degree in a related Human Resources or business discipline
• Human Resources Manager Certificate Preferred
• 3-5 years of previous experience in a recruiting/sourcing role within community healthcare is preferred
• Innovative thinker, able to use and develop new sources for recruitment
• Able to work in a result focused environment
• Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
• Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
• Strong networking and relationship building skills; able to identify candidate pipeline leads
• Excellent communication and presentation skills; Strong analytical, oral, written and teamwork skills
• Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively with different managers, candidate personalities, etc.
• Outstanding interviewing skills
• Ability to work under pressure to meet departmental targets
• Experience identifying and developing programs to promote organization as employer of choice
• Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and employees
• Knowledge of cost analysis, fiscal management, and budgeting techniques a must
• Knowledge of current legislations, collective agreements where applicable and best HR practices
• Proven ability and effectiveness at managing large recruitment portfolios
• Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) skills; experience with applicant tracking systems and social media channels
RNS Health Care Services Inc. is an accredited organization of professionals providing concerned, competent and compassionate health care services within our community since 1985. Canadian-owned and operated, offering services such as personal support, homemaking, respite care, palliative care, nursing, foot care and community clinics. Our caregivers care for clients in their homes, hospitals, retirement and nursing home facilities.
RNS welcomes and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available, upon request, to candidates participating in the selection process. Should you require accommodation, please ensure to notify us in advance. RNS is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time