Speech Language Pathologist
RNS is seeking an SLP to work with school-aged children with disorders/delays in articulation, motor-speech, fluency, resonance, and voice. Speech-Language Pathologists (SLP) assess, diagnose, treat, and prevent communication and swallowing disorders in people of all ages.
The successful applicant must be able to work in schools across York Region. Due to COVID-19, current service delivery is a hybrid model including both virtual telehealth and in-person service in schools. It is unclear the extent to which this hybrid model will continue into the future.
If you are looking for a rewarding career, look no further! this is full-time employee position.
What you will be doing:
- Identifying and treating communication disorders in school-aged children
- Providing education to clients, their families, school staff, and other members of the care team
- Managing a caseload considering priority cases, waiting lists, successful outcomes, referral and discharge of service users
- Working with others to improve the effectiveness of service delivery
- Collaborating and communicating with the Health Care Team regarding assessment findings, possible barriers to success, treatment and future planning
What you will need:
- Masters Level Degree or equivalent in Speech Language Pathology
- Registered with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO)
- Certification with Speech-Language Audiology (SAC) is preferred
- Experience and knowledge working with school-age children required
- Experience and knowledge delivering services virtually via telehealth, or willingness to learn
- Experience and knowledge of working with adults (dysphasia, aphasia, dysarthria) is preferred but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently and the ability to work flexible hours with travel
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations and with various individuals or groups.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and availability of a motor vehicle are required with Proof of Auto Insurance
- Vulnerable Sector Police Screen
RNS Health Care Services Inc. is an accredited organization of professionals who strive to make a difference in the lives of our clients by providing compassionate and high-quality community and home health care services in a consistent and reliable way. Our services include rehab, personal support, homemaking, respite care, palliative care, nursing, foot care and community clinics.
RNS welcomes and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available, upon request, to candidates participating in the selection process. Should you require accommodation, please ensure to notify us in advance. RNS is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.