Partl-Time Community Personal Support Worker
The Personal Support Worker (PSW) provides personal support and homemaking services to clients and their families. This role requires an individual with excellent communication skills, the ability to work effectively with both clients and their families. We also require someone who is comfortable with regular travel within the designated area. Travel time is 15-30 minutes in between clients.
Why work at RNS Health Care Services Inc?
• Competitive pay rate, group benefits and paid sick days
• New employee $500 signing bonus
• Weekend Premium
• Permanent status with flexibility to work in the week and weekends
• Mobile Device for applicable field staff
• Online and in person education sessions
Current location and schedule:
• Richmond Hill – Evenings (Monday-Friday) and weekend availability
• Aurora/Stouffville– Evenings (Monday-Friday) and weekend availability
• Aurora/Austin Drive-Afternoons (Monday-Friday) and weekend availability
• North– Mornings (Saturdays & Sundays)
• Markham East– Afternoons & Evenings (Saturdays and Sundays)
• Evaluates current personal support care plan and contributes to the development of the care plan; implements changes to plan if required and advises supervisor accordingly
• Reports any changes in the client’s or family’s personal support needs or home situation
• Provides personal care as directed by the Client Services Manager and his or her delegate. This includes assisting the client in daily activities (eating, dressing, etc) and other personal hygiene needs
• Performs personal support tasks reflecting the needs of the client such as: light cleaning, meal prep, laundry and companionship.
• Completes daily mobile check ins and proper documentation.
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
• Certificate in Home Support Worker (Level I, II, III), DSW, internationally trained nurses, Personal Support Worker program or Health Care Aide is required. We Are also accepting nursing students who have completed their first year of nursing
• First Aid / CPR certification is required
• Clear Vulnerable Sector Screen (Within last three years)
• TB Test (Within last two years)
• Previous experience working with elderly, children are considered assets
• Must have reliable transportation; this includes a valid Ontario Driver’s License and vehicle insurance
• Ability to work weekends and holidays
• Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques up to fifty (50) lbs; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; use of elevators.