Registered Practical Nurses and Registered Nurses
Community Nurses needed in the York Region- $10,000 incentive
RNS Healthcare Services Inc is looking to add Registered Practical Nurses and Registered Nurses to our care team in the York Region.
RNS Healthcare Services has been approved to hire nurses under the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN). This temporary initiative offers eligible nurses (RPNs, RNs and NPs) a $10,000 incentive in exchange for a 12-month commitment to a hospital, long-term care home, or home and community care agency in Ontario.
To be a part of this program, Nurses Must:
- Not have been employed as a nurse in Ontario in the six (6) months prior to being hired;
- Hold a Certificate of Registration in good standing from the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Begin employment no later than November 15, 2021;
- Commit to 12-months of employment at a full-time work schedule offered by the employer; and
- Not simultaneously receive funds from the Ministry of Health for the Tuition Support Program for Nurses.
Why work at RNS Health Care Services Inc?
- Competitive salary, group benefits and paid sick days
- Permanent statuses: Part time and full time available including weekends and evenings
- Travel Allowance
- $500 sign on bonus
- Mobile Device for applicable field staff
- Online and in person education sessions
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) is a regulated health care professional who is responsible for providing quality nursing care to patients who are identified as less complex and demonstrate more predictable outcomes. This role requires an individual with excellent communication skills, the ability to work effectively with both clients and their families.
- Evaluates current care plan and contributes to the development of the care plan; implements changes to plan if required and advises supervisor accordingly
- Reports any changes in the client’s or family’s personal support needs or home situation
- Provides personal care as directed by the Nursing Manager and his or her delegate.
- Tracheotomy, g-tube, mental health, CVAD and TPN
- Complex community care and delegated acts as assigned
- Documentation: document client visits to RNS Health Care Services Inc. standards and procedure
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Registered Practical Nurse with current Ontario Certificate of Registration.
- Recent medical/surgical/palliative nursing experience is considered an asset.
- Experience in community nursing, palliative care and pediatric care is considered an asset.
- Chest X-ray or Negative Mantoux Test/TB Test completed within the past two (2) years.
- Vulnerable Sector Screening (Police Check) – completed within the last 3 years.
- Own transportation and valid driver’s license
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification.
- Able to service all of York Region
- Availability to work all shifts (mornings, afternoons, evenings and overnights, up to 12 hours)
- Must have reliable transportation; this includes a valid Ontario Driver’s License and vehicle insurance
- Schedule: Monday- Sunday, days, evenings, availability
- Must be willing and able to commute within the York Region
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques up to fifty (50) lbs; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; use of elevators.